Thank you for your interest, employment opportunities with ASCA are posted here.
Are you passionate about education and advocacy? Are you a vibrant and dynamic leader with financial, policy governance, and relationship building skills?
The Alberta School Councils’ Association’s Board of Directors is seeking an Executive Director who will work with them to enhance meaningful parent contribution and participation through school councils in Alberta, and present the collective parent perspective to government and provincial organizations.
The Alberta School Councils’ Association (ASCA) is the provincial association representing parents on school council, and provides opportunity for parents to participate in public education and contribute to student learning success.
To further its objectives, the Board is seeking a motivated, committed individual to foster partnerships and positive public relations for the organization.
Effective Leadership: Manage staff in accordance with Alberta labour laws, oversee day to day operations of the organization, and ensure appropriate policies are created, and maintained.
Governance: Advise the Board and execute Board goals, abide by governance policies, prepare reports for the Board, and support Board committees.
Financial Acumen: Create budgets, oversee association finances, grant writing, and fund development.
Relationship Building: Build positive relationships with the Board, members, staff, partners, education stakeholders, and government.
Advocacy: Champion member advocacy policies and positions to the provincial government and education stakeholders.
Strategic Planning: Facilitate the development of the organizational strategic plan.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary education in a related field (equivalencies may be considered)
- Professional experience managing staff
- Demonstrated organizational leadership
- Experience executing strategy and realizing organizational goals
- Strong computer and internet proficiencies
- Proven success in organizing programs and customer service
- Experience in the not-for-profit industry is an asset
- Familiarity with various Board governance models
- Strong financial literacy skills
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- critical and strategic thinking, logical analysis, and problem solving skills
- strong leadership, interpersonal skills, and initiative
- the ability to multi-task, and work in a political environment
- commitment to learning, transparency, and accountability
- high ethical standards and integrity
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter with salary expectations and current resume by email to the ASCA Hiring Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting closes at 4:00 pm on February 20, 2018.