School Council Parent of Distinction Award NOMINATION FORM
School Council Parent of Distinction
The School Council Parent of Distinction Award recognizes an individual who demonstrates ability to promote parental engagement and involvement in the public education system. Truly exceptional in their dedication and initiative, this individual has dynamic leadership qualities and encourages opportunity to influence student learning success in the school community.
- The nominee must be an ASCA member in good standing.
- Employees of the school, school district or ASCA are not eligible.
- Nominee demonstrates leadership qualities in their school community which
- promotes meaningful parental engagement in public education to impact student learning success
- is exceptional in their dedication and initiative to encourage participation
- creates/supports a welcoming and inclusive environment in the school
- This nomination form should include the completed page(s) attached:
- The indicator sheet with specific supporting examples to demonstrate how the nominee’s leadership in one or more areas that has promoted parental engagement in their school community to impact student learning in public education, and
- Additional information to further outline details of how the nominee meets the criteria for the award.
*Please note – a maximum of six (6) pages will be accepted (including the form).
- Up to 10 recipients may be awarded as determined by the selection committee’s review process.
- Nominations must be received in the ASCA office by February 1st to be considered by the review committee and recommended for approval to the ASCA Board of Directors.
- All eligible nominees will be recognized.
- Recipients will be announced at the ASCA Annual Conference. Award presentations will take place in their school community.