Alberta Education supports students, parents, teachers and administrators from Early Childhood Services (ECS) through Grade 12.
Through safe and caring schools for all students, Alberta’s government is making life better by investing in education – one of the most important investments we can make in our future.
The Ministry has the following responsibilities:
- develop curriculum and set standards
- evaluate curriculum and assess outcomes
- teacher development and certification
- support students with diverse learning needs
- fund and support school boards
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit and Francophone education
- oversees basic education policy and regulations
A single, convenient reference with key information and requirements to operate and deliver ECS to 12 education in Alberta. DIGITAL VERSION
K to 12 provincial assessment - Diploma exams, Provincial Achievement Tests (PATs) students in grades 6 and 9, and Student Learning Assessments (SLAs) Grade 3 Students. (to help assure the public that students are meeting provincial standards).