Formed in 2017, the United Conservative Party (UCP) has grown to become Canada’s largest provincial party with more than 160,000 members. The Founding AGM for the UCP was held in May 2018 and included the election of the first Board of Directors for the party.
Statement of Principles
As a party, we stand united on the following principles that guide our vision for a stronger Alberta:
- A robust civil society made up of free individuals, strong families, and voluntary associations.
- Freedom of speech, worship and assembly.
- Affirm the family as the building block of society and the means by which citizens pass on their values and beliefs and ensure that families are protected from intrusion by government.
- Economic freedom in a market economy which encourages the creation of wealth through free enterprise, and protection of the right to own, enjoy and exchange property.
- Limited government, including low levels of taxation to help generate economic growth while allowing Albertans to enjoy the fruits of their own labour.
- Fiscal responsibility, including balanced budgets, debt reduction, and respect for taxpayer’s money.
- Protecting public safety as a primary responsibility of government.
Board of Directors and Officers
President - Erika Barootes
Vice President – Communications - Jodie Gateman
Vice President – Fundraising - Michelle Collins
Vice President – Membership - Kal Toor
Secretary - Adrian Harvey
Treasurer - Sheryl Cymbaliuk
Calgary Director - Cynthia Moore
Calgary Director - Dale Bossert
Central Alberta Director - Jennifer Johnson
Central Alberta Director - Ruven Rajoo
Edmonton Director - Greta Wierenga
Northern Alberta Director - Gordon Ferguson
Northern Alberta Director - Ryan Becker
Southern Alberta Director - Cathy Smith
Southern Alberta Director - John Voorhorst
Leader - Jason Kenney
Executive Director - Brad Tennant