ASCA will engage and support parental involvement in public education through school councils, and direct parental views and voice into the education system.
An effective school council in every Alberta school.
Parents are recognized and respected as knowledgeable, supportive contributors to their children’s education, and are provided a variety of opportunities to be authentically engaged in all levels of the education system.
Respect: For all individuals within the Association, for diverse views and beliefs, for education partnerships.
Honesty and Truthfulness: In dealings with members and one another, in open, clear communication, in dealings with partners.
Integrity: In all endeavours, to operate above reproach in actions and in words, in building trust and trustworthiness.
Teamwork: In working together for common good, within and between ASCA Board of Directors and staff, with the membership, with education partners.
The ASCA will adhere to and support its values by being adaptable, responsive, responsible and collaborative in all its dealings.
As a province‐wide organization of school councils, ASCA:
- Brings the parental perspective on education issues to government and others;
- Provides resources and support to enhance school council effectiveness;
- Promotes the involvement and engagement of parents in education, primarily through school councils;
- Works with other education organizations and government to promote excellence in public education;
- Provides well‐researched and timely information on education to school councils.